In Canada, the Poinsettia is the most popular Christmas plant. Millions of Poinsettias are sold each year. Here are some tips when choosing your plant:
- that it appears strong and healthy;
- check to see if the small yellow flowers, located at the centre, are still on the plant;
When you first bring your Poinsettia home:
- place it near a sunny window so it can get as much sunlight as possible;
- try to keep your house around 20 degrees Celsius during the day and about 15 degrees Celsius at night;
- keep your plant away from cold draughts;
- water your plant whenever the soil feels dry to the touch, and then get rid of any water in the bottom saucer after 10 minutes.
Follow these tips and you will have a happy and healthy plant!